I am really horribly bad at describing myself. My cover letters are probably the most mundane prose anyone has ever read. I get hives thinking about having to write a blurb about myself for my upcoming graduation (!) program.
First, let me just preface this with: I am not pregnant! but I was looking at this blog and found myself inspired to try and describe myself. I can be honest and witty right?
My name is Amy Wheeler. I was born before Jesus on December 20th to two passionate entrepreneurs and two loving and insane siblings. I grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, in a town mainly consisting of a big mall and big trucks. With a grocery store-owning former mayor grandfather, we learned the value of hard work, good food, and giving to one’s community.
- I hate glitter. Wonder why? Put some glitter on and then tell me you don’t find some in a very strange place on your body two months later
- I am allergic to most things cute (horses, bunnies, cats, dogs, ponies)
- My mom went to high school with Dolly Parton
- If I am being quiet it probably means I am judging
- I never learned how to dive into water
- I really hate it when people pronounce the word Crayon “crown”
- I know its wrong, but I often raise my voice when speaking to someone whose first language is not English. I know it doesn’t make it any more clear
- If you look at a picture of my grandmother at my age now, we look like twins
- I have major personal space issues (sorry Liz!) except for with PTH
- Joni Mitchell speaks to the core of my soul
- The only movie I cry watching every time is A League of Their Own
- I’ve been wearing my favorite hoodie since the 6th grade
- I really like to say fuck (sorry mom) It just has a nice ring to it
- I would rather eat an entire pizza than cake
- I can do really dumb things, like when I was in my brother’s car and thought it was a 2-door (it’s a 4-door and I didn’t need to get out to help in his friend)
- I almost went to culinary school, but instead I decided to get my MBA
- I really love toast